Book a Mount Batur Tour for a once in a lifetime experience to watch the sunrise from the top of an active volcano!
- Scale the sacred peak of Mount Batur under a blanket of stars
- Watch the sunrise from the top of the mountain, and visit the volcanic crater
- Enjoy breakfast at the summit
- Free transfers to and from your hotel in Bali
Get an early morning pick-up from your hotel in Bali in time to watch the sunrise from the top of Mount Batur. Depart between 01:30 and 02:30 (depending on the location of your hotel), and then journey towards the active volcano near the village of Kintamani.
Once you arrive at Mount Batur you will be served a light breakfast and tea or coffee to energise you for your trek. You will receive a welcome and safety briefing from your guide, who will then lead you to the top of the volcano with the rest of the group. The trek takes around 1.5 – 2 hours and requires moderate fitness.
Upon arrival at the top, enjoy a second breakfast and take in the amazing views of the surrounding area at the break of day. After sunrise, enjoy some time to walk around the crater of the volcano before crossing a hill of lava and black sand. Trek back down the mountain, and meet your driver.
You will be dropped off by approximately 10:30 am at the end of an exhilarating morning!
There is an optional stop at a hot spring. We can confirm this with you after booking.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- 2 x Breakfast
- Beverage (tea, coffee, mineral water)
- Local guide
- All taxes and fees
What’s Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
How to buy a Mount Batur Trek as a gift
Give someone the gift of travel, and buy them a once in a lifetime experience in Bali. It’s easy to buy this trek as a gift – you can skip the date / pickup address / mobile number fields, just check the ‘Gift Certificate’ checkbox and pay.
We will email you a gift certificate for your loved one, along with instructions on how they can schedule their tour.
- Please bring hiking shoes / trainers, a jacket and wear warm clothes as the temperature will be cool before sunrise.
- We don’t recommend undertaking the trek under the age of 18 unless you have a good level of fitness and experience trekking.
- This activity is not recommended for those with back, heart or other serious medical conditions
- The trek is not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved and it is recommended you have a moderate level of fitness
- Pick up time schedule: Kuta/Legian 01:30; Seminyak 01:30; Nusa Dua 01:30; Jimbaran 01:30; Canggu 01:30; Sanur 02:00; Ubud 02:15